Sunday, January 23, 2011

Beyond A Reasonable Doubt (2009)



After I saw this movie, I suddenly got into a Michael Douglas and thriller type of mood. So, I decided to check this film out. I'm glad I did.

Though this movie is fairly recent, I felt an air of nostalgia throughout the film. To be honest, it really felt like an outdated kind of movie - something you would see as a television special 10 years ago or so. Though, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Now, the movie starts out a bit kind of slow - it really sets the scene, the overall mood, and introduces the characters. As the film progresses, it does get a bit interesting.

I don't want to ruin it for those who have not seen the movie, but let me just say - this film is not your average thriller type movie. I found it very interesting how the storyline is set in a way that you feel is predictable.

However, it really isn't as predictable as you think - it really threw me for a loop. And, I guess - that's what made the film enjoyable.

As the movie progresses, the mood and the tone of the story is set in a way that you think you know what will happen. But, just as I thought the film was too predictable - it made a turn, a sharp turn. And, I can tell you - I definitely did not see it coming.

(Note: For those who have seen the film, you'll know what I'm talking about. There was a point in the movie where I thought everything had been settled. But, I did not expect what was yet to come).

This is really a story about how a young man, CJ Nicholas (played by Jesse Metcalfe), and his aspirations in the pursuit of success in his career despite the consequences. And, those consequences came at a high price - his life.

Though, what happens when things go too far? Sometimes we think we have everything all figured out only to be mistaken in the end. And, the ultimate question remains - "Is it worth it?"

To CJ Nicholas, he thought it was worth it. He thought he had the perfect plan to achieve his dream of being a star reporter. The plan seemed flawless. Though, in the end - his actions has consequences. And, those consequences came at a high price.

Without saying too much about the film (as I do not want to spoil it for those who have not seen it), I will say this is a movie that really has a lot of twists and turns. So many times, I thought I had the movie all figured out only to be mistaken - the ending definitely threw me for a loop.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. Though the tone seemed a bit outdated, I enjoyed the storyline and the plot very much. Personally, I really enjoy films that are not predictable - movies with surprise endings. And, this one definitely had it.

If you're in the mood for a thriller type film, I do recommend this one.

Film Gurl's 15 Minute Rule: PASS

Happy movie watching!

p.s. Feel free to leave comments on any post either here and/or my Facebook Page. Comments are always welcome, thanks for reading!



Video Link

2 comments:

hollywood actors said...

The film has a fantastic story and plot. Pathetic acting. The story is so good that I would gladly watch another remake although this version is in itself a "spoiler".

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of reasonable doubts about his mediocre legal thriller remake.