Sunday, January 9, 2011

Disclosure (1994)



Since I was in the mood for a thriller type of movie, I decided to check out this film. It was just what I needed, it did not disappoint.

I enjoy seeing Michael Douglas on the big screen - he has done some great performances and has had many outstanding roles (such as in this movie). And, Demi Moore's performance was exceptional as the antagonist in this film based on the Michael Crighton novel.

Now, I have to warn you - things are a bit outdated in the movie. It's kind of entertaining to watch older films to see how technology has changed over time. Though, there are some ideas in the film based on technology that we still do not have today.

(Note: For those of you who have seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about).

To be honest, there are a lot of twists and turns in the film. During some points, I thought I knew what was going to happen only to be surprised by the turn of events - there were moments that definitely threw me for a loop. And, it made for a worthwhile experience.

In a sense, this film kind of reminded me of this movie. It was similar in a way, both films touched on the theme of technology and how technology can both helps us and hurt us. I guess, what matters is how you intend to use it.

We all like to believe that technology is there to help us. But, if used the wrong way - it can harm us. And, in this day and age - technology can be available to most anyone. If in the wrong hands, technology can lead to destruction.

If you're in the mood for a thriller type of film (as well as enjoy the topic of technology), I do recommend this one.

Film Gurl's 15 Minute Rule: PASS

Happy movie watching!

p.s. Feel free to leave comments on any post either here and/or my Facebook Page. Comments are always welcome, thanks for reading!



Video Link

7 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

i really liked this movie. I miss Demi in roles like this.

Film Gurl said...

Glad to hear you liked it, too! These type of thriller movies are so cool, I really like re-visiting them every now and then. Thanks for your input!

jervaise brooke hamster said...

I want to bugger Demi Moore (as she was in 1980 when she was 18, not as she is now obviously).

M. Carter @ the Movies said...

It always disappoints me a little when Michael Douglas plays the good guy. If "Solitary Man" proves anything, it's that he's at his best when he's playing caddish antiheroes.

Dan said...

In reference to Meredith's point about Douglas - I like him in good guy roles because he usually has some inherent flaw that gets him into trouble: Romancing The Stone, War of the Roses, Fatal Attraction.

I like Disclosure - it fits in nicely with Douglas' unofficial trilogy of dangerous women movies - Fatal Attraction, Basic Instinct and Disclosure, all of which feature him having sex with an assortment of gorgeous women.

I know what you mean about the dated nature of the film. i suppose that comes with the territory of making this sort of movie. Like you mention, The Net is the same.

Film Gurl said...

(M Carter @ the Movies) I can see that. I guess we're so used to him playing the bad guy roles (such as Gordon Gekko). I do admit - it was a bit interesting (though odd) to see him here in a good guy role. Ah yes, I just saw "Solitary Man" - I think the role fit him perfectly. Thanks for stopping by!

(Dan) Interesting point. I might just have to re-visit some of those other movies where he plays the good guys. Yes, I think the dated nature made it a bit odd to see in this day and age just like "The Net." Thanks for your input!

jervaise brooke hamster said...

Kitten, why didn`t you say anything about what i said regarding how much i desperately want to bum-off an 18 year-old version of Demi Moore?.