Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Angels & Demons

(Note: I have heard the book is really good. Though people who have read the book say the movie is not as good as the book. It could be since you can put more details into a book than a movie. Now that I've seen the movie, I may just go and read the book. Just an FYI).

I went to see this movie, which is the sequel to The DaVinci Code, since the trailer and the subject matter interested me. Also, I enjoy Ron Howard's movies because most times there's always an element of conspiracy in his films.

Compared to The DaVinci Code, this is a much better movie. How so? This movie had much more action and less details like symbols presented which made it much more easier to follow. I found The DaVinci Code a very hard movie to follow - it was one of those movies you really had to pay attention and listen while watching. Otherwise, you would not understand the other parts of the film.

With Angels & Demons, it's much more easier to follow since there are not too many details to focus on. The plot was simple and clear cut. I had no problem following the story. As for the story line, it was ok. It could have been better. I would like to have seen more character development with some of the other characters (You'll know when you see it - I don't want to spoil it for you). Though, I guess it may have complicated things too much since the film was already over the 2 hour mark.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie - it had lots of action and was easy to follow. This would be a movie that would be worth it to see at the theater. Or, you can simply just wait for it to go on DVD. I say either way, it won't be a waste of your time.



Video Link

No comments: