Friday, May 29, 2009

Terminator Salvation

Ok, I have to admit - I was really contemplating whether to see this movie or not. Most of the reviews said it wasn't great but it was entertaining. I went ahead and saw it anyways because I figured if it was entertaining, then it would be worth the money since that's what movies are supposed to be - entertaining. I was right.

Let me first start out by saying this movie is packed with lots of ACTION. Since it's directed by McG (most known for directing music videos), the whole movie seems like a huge music video - lots of explosions and metal. Some people thought there was too much action in this film, which turned them off. However, I think it's necessary since it's basically a war film set in the future. I mean, come on, this isn't Star Trek which has less of a "war" focus and usually deals with exploration and the quest for knowledge.

All in all, I did enjoy the movie - it was entertaining. (It was definitely better than T3, which I thought was ok). Yes, there were some parts of the story that were left unanswered and some characters may have needed some more development. But, I think it was living up to what it was supposed to be - a war movie. I mean, can you imagine a "war movie" without any war scenes? That would be ridiculous.

I believe the action scenes had to be there and they had to be BIG. The last 30 minutes is really worthwhile - lots of action and explosions plus a major battle with a familiar face. (That's all I'm going to say - I won't spoil it for you).

Overall, it's definitely a movie to go see if you want to be entertained and see a good action flick. (Note: Rumor has it this is the first movie in a series - there will be more and the saga will continue. Stay tuned!)



Video Link

No comments: