Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blackout Film Festival

I thought I'd post up the info here about a very interesting film festival coming up - The Blackout Film Festival. (This festival was called to my attention and found by my tweep, brwc, (thank you!).

This year they are showcasing 90 minutes of short films centering on the theme: The Great Recession. The shorts will focus on various situations with the effects of the economy. Filmmakers from across the country have submitted a light-hearted group of films about the current economic recession. I find this interesting and good timing with the downturn in the economy.

Here's some basic info on the event:

DATE: Saturday, September 19, 2009
TIME: Screenings at 3PM, 5PM, & 7PM
LOCATION: SVA's brand new Visual Arts Theater, 333 West 23rd St. between 8th & 9th Avenue. The renovation of the space was overseen by renowned graphic designer, Milton Glaser.
TICKETS: $12 advance; $14 at the door
CHARITY PARTNER: A percentage of every ticket sold will be donated to the Food Bank for New York City's current campaign, "NYC Goes Orange".

If you are interested in attending, they have offered a 10% discount off on tickets for my tweeps as I have promised to pass this on. For ticket information, click here and enter discount code TWIT to receive the discount.

Thanks for reading!



Video Link

No comments: