Wednesday, December 23, 2009

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Since I posted my Top 10 Christmas Movies, I thought I'd keep with the holiday spirit and review one of my favorites - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

I saw this film recently and it never gets old. Every time I watch it, it always brings a smile to my face and gets me more into the holiday spirit. It's definitely one of those long lost, family type, holiday films.

Let's face it - the holidays are great but we all know it's also a crazy time of year. It's a time of being with family and loved ones. But, we all know that sometimes being with family can bring about conflict. And, that conflict is brilliantly displayed in this movie. (Maybe that's why it brings people together only at certain times of the year!)

This movie has it all - humor, conflict, drama and of course - those little tiny things that can really add up that can really bring a family together. It shows you what can happen when you put multiple family members under one roof - very different perspectives and personalities. And, believe me the personalities really come out in this movie.

For every personality in the film, there is probably one or more personalities I can relate to. From the neighbors, to the brother/sister, to the in-laws, to the boss, it definitely presents a lot of different personalities that come out when people and family are brought together during Christmas time. I think that's what makes it a great movie - it has something that everyone can relate to.

What I really enjoyed about this film is seeing the little traditions performed as the Christmas holiday approaches. It starts off with the tradition of picking a family Christmas tree - something we can all relate but also very comical. (If you've seen the film, you'll know what I'm talking about).

And, then it progresses with the shopping, the cooking, family visiting, and of course that special thing called a "Christmas bonus" some people look forward to receiving every year. All in all, it's a film everyone can relate to in the spirit of the holiday season.

If you're looking for a good holiday movie to watch, I definitely recommend this one. It's a classic!

(Note: If you're looking for some good holiday movies to watch, definitely check out these Christmas movie reviews by my tweeps:

Action Flick Chick - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Just Chick Flicks - It's A Wonderful Life
Kelly Whyte - Christmas Specials
Reel Artsy - The Quest For Indie Christmas Movies

Happy movie watching!



Video Link

4 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

i can seriously watch this film over and over

Action Flick Chick said...

We think alike. This is one of my favorite Christmas films that I wrote a review on. You've got to love it!

Film Gurl said...

I definitely agree - it's a timeless classic, it never gets old! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Gianna T said...

Thank you for writinng this