Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From Paris With Love (2010)



Since I was in the mood to see an action type of film, I decided to check out this film. I'm glad I did - I was not disappointed.

Basically, this film is about a regular guy James Reese (played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers) whose sole desire is to become a special operation field agent. He is willing to do whatever it takes to make his dream job.

In the beginning, Reese goes through a series of mini missions as part of his initiation into the secret society of special operation field agents. The mini missions seem really easy and miniscule in nature, he is wanting more. And, then his dream comes true - one last mission in order to gain his dream job.

During this last mission, he meets his future partner special agent Charlie Wax (played by John Travolta). Now, Charlie is not your typical guy - he's a B.M.F.

(Note: I won't spell out BMF on this blog. For those who are not familiar with this term, I'll give you a hint. Think Samuel L. Jackson in this film. If still baffled, here's a reference link.

Reese and Wax are definitely a match made in heaven - they are complete opposites. It was definitely entertaining to watch them interact together - there were quite a number of funny and entertaining moments.

(Note: One of my favorite lines by Wax (John Travolta) in the film, "Oh, have you met my wife?" A very entertaining moment!)

Though, Wax shows Reese the reality of being a special field agent - it's not all glitz and glamour. There's a lot more involved than Reese thought. He has to wonder, "Did I sign up for this?"

This film started out a bit slow. Though, there was a turning point in the movie that really got me interested. From there, it was action all the way - it was definitely worth the wait.

(Note: I don't want to ruin it for you, but let's just say the turning point was a bit predictable. Though, not entirely - there was still an element of mystery that kept me wanting to watch more).

Regarding the action in the film, it was exhilarating. I felt like I was on a roller coaster ride the whole way through - there was definitely a lot of adrenalin in the air.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie very much. The action alone was worth it. As for the ending, I felt it gave a sense of closure - I definitely felt like it was a good, entertaining movie.

If you're in the mood for an action type film, I do recommend this one.

Film Gurl's 15 Minute Rule: PASS

Happy movie watching!

p.s. Feel free to leave comments on any post either here and/or my Facebook Page. Comments are always welcome, thanks for reading!



Video Link

3 comments:

Candice Frederick said...

i definitely agree that the film was slow in the beginning, but i do think the last half hour got a lot better. but i wasn't as enthusiastic about the movie as a whole.

Film Gurl said...

I think what did it for me was the level of action (after the turning point in the film) combined with John Travolta's wit and humor - it was very entertaining to watch him in this role. While watching the movie, I kept thinking "Hmmm, this seems like a character Bruce Willis could play, too." Though, I enjoyed Travolta in the film. Without the humor and high level of action, it probably would not have been as enjoyable for me. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

streaming links said...

This movie is basically about two guys going around blowing stuff up in Paris. And the plot of them trying to take down a terrorist organization is just there to move the movie along.