Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Beach

I have to admit, I didn't expect much when I picked up this movie. I was in the mood for an adventure type movie and I do enjoy watching Leonardo DiCaprio on the big screen - I think he's a good actor.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed this film. There were a lot of negative reviews about it. But, I think some people just didn't get it. It's more than a story of some kids going to an island and having parties all night. There's a deeper meaning behind it.

I really enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. It's a movie that made me think about life and the experiences we have. After watching this movie, I felt like I was on a roller coaster ride and was glad to be back home.

It's one of those movies that makes you wonder about things you might and/or want to do and experience. It's one of those things - you take the good and the bad, have the experience, and come back glad to be back where you started.

If you're looking for an adventure type movie that questions the meaning of life, I'd definitely recommend this one.

Happy movie watching!



Video Link

4 comments:

Tech Diva Jessa said...

I was glad to read your review. I agree with you completely - too many people just write this movie off. If they really thought about the movie as a whole, I think there is so much more to it. And it was refreshing to see this kind of movie that didn't turn into just another horror/slasher film.

Film Gurl said...

Glad you enjoyed the review! I definitely feel the same way - some people just didn't get the movie. I hear the book is pretty good - I haven't read it. Maybe it's like that old saying "If you like the movie, you'll love the book." Hmmm...I wonder. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

I love Leo too, I have never seen this movie, but after reading your review I'm definitely going to. It sounds awesome. I still can't believe that kid of Growing Pains grew up to be such an amazing actor.

Film Gurl said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! I know, a lot of people I know don't like Leo because they say he's like a CA surfer boy and can't act. But, I think he's a pretty good actor. Seems like we both do have the same taste! :)