Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Hangover

Ok, I have to admit - I really wasn't too excited about this movie. After I saw the trailer, I thought it would be the "typical guy movie" with slapstick humor and crazy stunts with an average story line. But, I was in the mood for a comedy and I heard this movie was really good - though they were mostly positive reviews from guys.

So, I set out to keep an open mind and watched it. I was very, very surprised. This film captured my attention from beginning to end. It was very funny - I was entertained the entire time.

What made this a great comedy movie was that it kept my attention - I wanted to know the "why" and the "what happened." I wanted to know why things happened and how the main characters in the story got to where they got to be.

Throughout the film, you are shown bits and pieces of the puzzle but the story still doesen't come all together until the end.

Maybe one of the reasons I enjoyed this movie was this bit of mysteriousness - it sparked my curiosity. I do enjoy movies that show bits and pieces of a story which all come together at the end. It's the same formula. Movies that have done this that I enjoy watching are films like "Go," "Fight Club," and "Memento."

It's definitely worth it to see the entire movie especially since it ties everything together at the end. It's worth it to see the ending - it's classic. I don't want to ruin it for you, but let's just say the saying "Pictures are worth a thousand words" hold true.

Unlike my prior post, I definitely recommend this one. If you're in the mood for a comedy type movie, run don't walk and go see this movie!

Happy movie watching!



Video Link

2 comments:

Tech Diva Jessa said...

I too was not excited to see this film. I mean, do we really need another "crazy things happen in Las Vegas when I get drunk" sort of movie. Even though people have raved about this movie & it possibly even reviving Mike Tyson from his fall to obscurity, I just was not interested.

After reading your review, I am totally intrigued. I enjoy movies that make you work for the payoff. You're absolutely right-they keep your attention. Now I really might have to see this movie just to solve the mystery.

Film Gurl said...

I definitely felt the same way, this movie really surprised me. I think it's the way the story was told - giving bits and pieces of the puzzle but not the entire story all at one time that made me really like this movie. I wanted to know more and it kept me interested. I was glad the ending made it a worthwhile film to watch. I'm happy you enjoyed the review, thanks for stopping by!