Friday, April 2, 2010

Pandorum (2009)

Hi Everyone! I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to post that much lately, I've been pretty sick. I've been trying to get better, been drinking lots of fluids and getting a lot of rest. Though, I have managed to find the effort to watch a couple of movies!

Since I was in the mood for sci-fi, I decided to check this film out. It's weird, I've been seeing a lot of films lately with Dennis Quaid (I guess he's been in a lot of movies!).

Going into this movie, I really didn't know what to expect. What got me was the tagline of the film, "Fear what happens next." So, I was really thinking it may be a horror/sci-fi type of film.

In the beginning, it really kind of started out and introduced the passengers of the ship. There is some mystery on how they got there and what they were exactly set out to do. (If you've seen the film, you'll know what I'm talking about).

When the first couple of characters are introduced, there was a lot of dialogue and talking - the scene and background was being set. The film has a mix of some action and dialogue at first. It does start off a bit slow.

Though, it begins to pick up pace once the crew members of the ship start to do some exploring. It then becomes more of an adventure type movie with a sci-fi twist. (I don't want to ruin it for you, but let's just say if you liked this film it's very similar in nature).

When the action and adventure takes place, this is really when I got into the film. Though the whole movie took place on the ship, there was a lot of exploring done which really lead to a lot of twists and turns. (If you've seen the film, you'll know what I'm talking about).

It really becomes more of a "mind trip," and maze of survival for the members of the crew. This is the part of the film I really enjoyed. And yes, there is a twist at the end. It's hard to describe only to say again it's definitely a "mind trip" kind of movie.

Overall, I enjoyed the film. It did start out a bit slow, though the story and situation of the crew was a bit complicated. So, it's understandable how they had to take the time to set the tone and feel of the film.

After awhile, the film did pick up and I really did enjoy the adventure of the film. And, the ending was definitely worth it. (I won't spoil it for you but it was definitely "mind blowing").

If you're in the mood for a sci-fi type of film, I definitely recommend this one.

Happy movie watching!

p.s. If you have Facebook, I now have a Facebook page. Feel free to connect with me here and post up comments/questions on the wall. I will be updating the page with the latest posts and movie news. Looking forward to connecting with you!



Video Link

No comments: