Monday, May 3, 2010

Indie Film Trailer - 8: The Mormon Proposition

Since it's Indie Movie Monday (#IndieMM), I thought I'd post up this indie film trailer, "8: The Mormon Proposition." (I first found out about this indie film from my tweep @FilmSnobbery (thank you!) I thought this article on the film by my tweep, @FilmSnobbery was especially interesting. Check it out!

"8: The Mormon Proposition exposes the Mormon Church's historic involvement in the promotion and passage of California's Proposition 8 and the religion's secretive, decades—long campaign against gay rights. The film takes place in California and Utah as Mormons, following their prophets call to action, wage spiritual warfare with money and misinformation against gay citizens, doing everything they can to deny them of marriage and the rights that come with it. 8: The Mormon Proposition opens in theaters on June 18th, 2010, two years after the first gay marriages took place in California (June 17th, 2008)."

Note: For those interested, here's an interesting video talking more in depth about the film and the issue.

(p.s. If you have a project(s) you'd like me to check out (i.e. fan trailer, short, spoof, animation, etc), feel free to contact me here or through my Facebook Page. I'm always on the lookout for fresh stuff from emerging filmmakers!)



Video Link

2 comments:

Moms for Equality said...

I saw 8: The Mormon Proposition at Sundance and it is worth seeing. It is getting extended standing ovations at every festival it plays at and anyone feeling to criticize it should see it first. They will find as Variety’s review states: “8″ actually spends more time trying to humanize homosexuals than to demonize those who hate them. It opens in a dozen major cities June 18th, and on VOD.

Film Gurl said...

It definitely looks like an interesting film worth watching. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!